- Scores: Nichols 7, Assumption 2
- Records: Nichols Assumption (0-9)
- Location: Pomfret, Conn. (Pomfret School)
- The Lead: Assumption won two singles matches and took two more to three sets but came up short, falling to Nichols 7-2 on the road Thursday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption lost all three doubles matches. Freshman Brandon Sze (South Windsor, Conn. / South Windsor) and Jameson Keppeler (Syracuse, N.Y. / CBA Syracuse) had the closest match at No. 2 as they fell by an 8-5 margin.
- In singles action, Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) earned a victory at first flight as his opponent had to retire while trailing 5-2 in the opening set. Sze came through with a straight set victory at No. 3 singles by a 7-5, 6-1 margin. Keppeler and Jacob Lawrence (North Scituate, R.I. / Mt. Saint Charles Acad.) both fell at No. 4 and No. 6 in three sets.
- Assumption returns to action when the team travels to face Saint Michael's on March 23 at 12 p.m. in their conference opener.