- Scores: Christian Brothers 6, Assumption 1
- Records: Christian Brothers (8-5), Assumption (0-7)
- Location: Orlando, Fla.
- The Lead: Assumption captured one singles match against a tough Christian Brothers squad, falling 6-1 on Tuesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption lost all three doubles matches to Concordia, with the duo of Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) and Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's) falling 7-6 in a tight match.
- In singles action all six matches were decided in straight sets. Freshman Michael Butkus (Worcester / South High) earned the lone Assumption victory, winning 6-1, 6-4 at No. 6 singles. Francis fought hard and came up just short, 6-3, 6-4 while Jacob Lawrence (North Scituate, R.I. / Mt. Saint Charles Acad.) dropped his match at No. 5 6-3, 6-2.
- Assumption returns to action tomorrow when the team squares off against Findlay at 3:00 p.m.