- Score: Southern New Hampshire 9, Assumption 0
- Record: Assumption (4-10, 2-5 NE10), Southern New Hampshire (11-6, 7-0 NE10)
- Location: Hooksett, N.H. (SNHU Tennis Courts at Penmen Stadium)
- The Lead: The Assumption College men's tennis team fell 9-0 to Southern New Hampshire on the road on Wednesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds were shut out 3-0 in doubles play. Ryan Foster (Bloomfield, Conn. / Classical Magnet) and Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) fell 8-5 at No. 1 doubles to Xavier Aubron and Bas Van Biezen. At the No. 2 flight Danny Waung (Bolton, Conn. / East Catholic) and Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's School) lost 8-2 to Ricardo Marreiros and Miquel Marreiros. Tiago Fernandes and Jeremy Reichentahl claimed the doubles shut out at No. 3 doubles as they defeated Luke Whitehouse (Hopkinton, Mass. / Hopkinton) and Jameson Keppeler (Syracuse, N.Y. / CBA Syracuse) 8-0.
- At the first three flights, Foster, Francis, and Waung were each defeated 6-1,6-2. At No. 4 singles Mariano fell 6-2, 6-0, while at No. 5 singles Keppeler dropped 6-3, 6-2. Whitehouse won the first set 7-6 and then Faizan Khalid took the last two sets 6-4, 10-2 to close out the game 9-0.
- The Hounds are back Friday, April 13, as they host Stonehill at 3:30 pm.