- Score: Assumption 8, Saint Michael's 1
- Record: Assumption (4-8, 2-3 NE10), Saint Michael's (0-9, 0-8 NE10)
- Location: Paxton, Mass. (Paxton Tennis and Fitness Club)
- The Lead: The Assumption College men's tennis team picked up an NE10 Conference win over Saint Michael's on Friday afternoon as five players went 2-0 to win 8-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds took the commanding 3-0 lead after doubles play. No. 1 doubles partners Ryan Foster (Bloomfield, Conn. / Classical Magnet) and Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) combined for a 8-2 win, while No. 2 doubles team Danny Waung (Bolton, Conn. / East Catholic) and Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's School) claimed an 8-1 win. At the No. 3 flight Luke Whitehouse (Hopkinton, Mass. / Hopkinton) and Jameson Keppeler (Syracuse, N.Y. / CBA Syracuse) battled to a 8-5 victory over Cam Maher and Colby Antonucci to complete the sweep in doubles play.
- The Hounds extended the lead to 8-1 as they took five of the six singles matches. Foster defeated Matt Mosher 6-1, 6-0 at No. 1 singles, while Francis swept No. 2 singles 6-0,6-0. Waung continued the winning streak as he beat Dan Foley 6-1, 6-0 at the No. 3 flight. Mariano and Keppeler tallied two more wins for the team as they took No. 4 and No. 5 singles handedly. Antonucci took a win over Whitehouse at No. 6 singles to end the match 8-1.
- The Hounds are back tomorrow as they travel to Merrimack to face the Warriors at the Northeast Tennis Center starting at 1:00pm.