- Score: Ferris State 9, Assumption 0
- Record: Tusculum (9-2), Assumption (2-4)
- Location: Hilton Head, S.C.
- The Lead: Assumption was unable to claim a victory in its final contest of spring break, falling 9-0 to Ferris State on Thursday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In doubles action, the No. 1 duo of Ryan Foster (Bloomfield, Conn. / Classical Magnet) and Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's School) fell by an 8-5 margin while No. 2 doubles lost 8-0 and Ferris State earned an 8-1 win at No. 3.
- Foster continued his strong play into singles despite not earning the victory. The senior dropped the first set 7-5 and then the second 6-3. Mariano was the only other player to win more than five points, falling 7-5 in the opening set before being shut out 6-0 in the second. Ferris State earned 6-0, 6-0 victories at No. 5 & No. 6 singles while winning 6-1, 6-0 at second and third flight singles.
- Assumption returns to action Saturday, Mar. 17 when the team hosts St. Michael's.