- Score: Tusculum 8, Assumption 1
- Record: Tusculum (8-1), Assumption (2-3)
- Location: Hilton Head, S.C.
- The Lead: Assumption dropped all three doubles matches and earned one victory in singles play in a hard-fought match on Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In doubles action, Assumption dropped both No. 1 & No.3 by matching 8-1 margins. However, the duo of Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) and Danny Waung (Bolton, Conn. / East Catholic) kept it close before dropping the match 8-5.
- Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's School) secured the lone Hound victory at No. 4 singles, winning in straight sets 6-3, 7-6. No. 1 Ryan Foster (Bloomfield, Conn. / Classical Magnet) stretched his match to three sets after dropping the first set 6-4 by winning the second 7-5, however, he lost the third 11-9.
- Sophomore Jameson Keppeler (Syracuse, N.Y. / CBA Syracuse) also went three sets at fifth flight singles. He fell 6-1 in the opening set but rebounded to take the second 6-3 before going down 10-8 in the third set.
- Assumption returns to action on Thursday, facing Ferris State in its final match of spring break.