- Score: Coast Guard 6, Assumption 2
- Record: Coast Guard (1-0), Assumption (0-1)
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- The Lead: In a fall contest with the Coast Guard Academy, Assumption captured one doubles point and another in singles as the team dropped a 6-2 decision on Monday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption fell in two doubles matches, with the team's lone victory coming at No. 2. The duo of freshman Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) and junior Danny Waung (Bolton, Conn. / East Catholic) earned an 8-3 victory. The Hounds fell 8-5 at No. 1 doubles and 8-2 a No. 3 doubles.
- In singles action, Waung provided the lone Assumption victory by winning in three sets. He took the first set 6-1 and fell 6-4 in the second before winning the final set 10-5. Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's School) pushed his opponent to three sets before falling at No. 4 (1-6, 6-4, 3-6).
- Senior Ryan Foster (Bloomfield, Conn. / Classical Magnet) won his first set 7-6 but couldn't finish his second set due to darkness. Francis fell in straight sets, 6-4, 6-4 at No. 2 while Assumption was also swept at 5th and 6th flight singles.
- Assumption completes its fall schedule on Oct. 16 when the team travels to face Gordon at 4 pm.