-Score: Assumption 2, New Haven 2 (2OT)
-Records: Assumption (6-5-2, 4-4-2 NE10), New Haven (2-10-1, 2-6-2 NE10),
-Location: West Haven, Conn. (Kathy Zolad Stadium)
-The Lead: New Haven scored the game-tying goal in the 72nd minute and neither team was able to break through again as Assumption and the Chargers played to a 2-2 double overtime draw on Wednesday evening in conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- New Haven got on the board first in the 25th minute, as Alessandro Pappalardo scored off a rebound for the 1-0 advantage. The Hounds got one back in the 39th minute when they earned a penalty kick. Jason Lages (Edgartown, Mass. / Martha's Vineyard) fired the kick off the left post and in to make it 1-1.
- The score remained tied until the 60th minute when Connor Willis (North Andover, Mass. / North Andover) stole the ball from the keeper in front of the net and was able to put it home for the 2-1 lead. The Chargers answered back at 71:58 on a penalty kick of their own, and Enrique Barboto came through with the equalizer.
- Assumption outshot New Haven 2-1 in the first overtime and then tallied the only three shots of double overtime but it wasn't able to net the game-winner.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption finished with a 17-13 edge in shots and also had three more corner kicks in the contest (7-4). Lages scored for the third straight game for the Hounds.
- Sebastian Jimenez (Naples, Fla. / Gulf Coast High School) took the loss in net to drop to 6-5-2 while making seven total saves. Stefano Lorusso made four stops and improved to 1-8-2 with the win.
-The Hounds return to action when the team hosts Saint Anselm for the team's senior day on Saturday at 7 p.m.