- Score: Adelphi 2, Assumption 0
- Records: Adelphi (8-2-1, 6-1 NE10), Assumption (6-3-1, 4-2-1 NE1)
- Location: Garden City, N.Y.
- The Lead: Assumption had its three-game unbeaten streak snapped on Saturday, as host Adelphi scored twice in the opening half and then held off the Hounds in the final 45 minutes to earn a 2-0 victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Adelphi struck just eight minutes into the game, as Taylor Kaczynski found a Paolo Marciano streaking down the far side of the box and he put it home at 8:10.
- The Panthers doubled their lead in the 31st minute. James Thristino was able to take a pass and put it right past a diving Sebastian Jimenez (Naples, Fla. / Gulf Coast High School) for a 2-0 advantage.
- Neither team netted a goal in the final half, though Assumption did outshoot Adelphi 8-4 in the period and managed two shots in the final two minutes.
INSIDE THE NUBMERS:
- Overall, the Panthers held a 16-12 shot edge in the contest, though Assumption controlled it in the second half (8-4). Both teams recorded four corner kicks. Jason Lages (Edgartown, Mass. / Martha's Vineyard) led the Hounds with four shots.
- Jimenez allowed two goals for just the second time this season as made seven saves as he dropped to 6-3-1 overall. Matt Apicella earned the win with a five-save shutout.
- Assumption returns to action on Tuesday when the team hosts AIC at 7 p.m.