- Score: Assumption 0, Southern Connecticut 2
- Records: Assumption (2-10-4, 2-5-4 NE-10); Southern Connecticut (8-5-1, 7-3-1 NE-10)
- Location: New Haven, Conn.
- The Lead: The Assumption College men's soccer team dropped 2-0 final to Southern Connecticut in Northeast-10 action on Saturday night in New Haven, Conn.
How It Happened
- Southern's Chae Brangman posted a goal in the 11th minute of the game to put the Owls ahead 1-0.
- Junior Ethan Morrow (Huntington Beach, Calif. / Fountain Valley)was unlucky halfway through the first half when his shot wsa saved by Owls goalkeeper Noah Varonier.
- Southern scored in the 22nd minute when Louis Greenway Tambini recieved a through ball and notched it past Assumption goalkeeper Dana King (Windham, Maine/Windham).
- Senior Glenn LiBassi (North Scituate, R.I. / LaSalle Academy) had two chances to score in the second half with once in the 66th minute and again in the 85th, but unfourtuntely both of LiBassi's shots were blocked.
Behind The Numbers
- King tallied seven saves gave in Saturday's game and didn't let up a goal for the remaining 68 minutes of play.
- The Owls outshot the Greyhounds 23-8 durring the 90 minutes, including nine shots on goal.
- Assumption held a slight advantage in corner kicks, tallying four compared to Southern's three.
- The Hounds are back in action on Tuesday as they host Southern New Hampshire at 7 p.m. for the 2015 Senior Night Game.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's soccer team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.