- Score: Assumption 0, Le Moyne 3
- Records: Assumption (2-9-4, 2-5-4 NE-10); Le Moyne (10-4, 6-4NE-10)
- Location: Syracuse, N.Y. (Ted Grant Field)
- The Lead: The Assumption College men's soccer team dropped 3-0 final to Le Moyne in Northeast-10 action on Wednesday afternoon at Ted Grant Field in Syracuse, N.Y.
How It Happened
- Senior Dana King (Windham, Maine/Windham) had a great save in the 22nd minute of the game when Adam Resetarits had a breakaway and shot from the 15-yard line towards the right post, with King making a diving save to stop the shot.
- Rossel Cacho put the Dolphins ahead 1-0 in the 31st minute of the game after receiving a cross from Resetarits and shooting into the right side of the net.
- Senior Nemanja Kaurin (South Portland, Maine / South Portland) was unlucky 10 minutes into the second half when he took a free kick at the 28-yard line, forcing Le Moyne goalkeeper Ben Beaury to make the save right at the goal line.
- Le Moyne's Jack Bell scored the two remaining goals for the Dolphins to end the game 3-0 in favor of the Dolphins.
Behind The Numbers
- King tallied three saves throughout the 90 minutes compared to Beaury's two.
- Assumption outshot Le Moyne in the first half, 4-2, but the Dolphins came back in the second half and outshot the Hounds 9-3.
- Le Moyne had an advantage in corner kicks over the 90 minutes, holding a 6-4 edge.
- The Hounds are back in action on Saturday as they traval to Southern Connecticut for a Northeast-10 match starting at 6 p.m.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's soccer team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.