- Score: Assumption 0, Saint Michael's 0 (2OT)
- Records: Assumption (2-8-4, 2-4-4 NE-10); Saint Michaels (7-5-1, 4-4-1 NE-10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: The Assumption College men's soccer team tied Saint Michael's 0-0 in Saturday afternoon's Northeast-10 competition as neither team was able to notch a goal in the 110 minutes of play.
How It Happened
- Assumption had a strong chance to score in the 42nd minute of the game when junior Matt Gilson (Cumberland, R.I. / Mount Saint Charles Academy) and junior Zach Scafati (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) both fired shots at the net, putting a lot of pressure on Saint Michael's goalkeeper Nicco Roque, who was able to make both of the saves.
- The Hounds were unlucky again at the start of the second half when sophomore Connor Henry's (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin Regional) shot was blocked and junior Hector Sola (Guaynabo, P.R. / Colegio San Ignacio) got a shot off of the rebound that went just shy of the net in the 49th minute.
- Senior Dana King (Windham, Maine/Windham) had a great save with only five minutes left in the second half when Saint Michael's Nolan Villeneuve took a shot from the 10-yard line, securing the tie and sending the game into overtime.
Behind The Numbers
- Tonight's shutout gives King four on the season, which is his single-season career-high.
- King and Roque both tallied six saves throughout their 110 minutes between the posts.
- The Greyhounds and the Purple Knights were close in shots throughout the game, Assumption totaling 14 compared to 15 for Saint Michael's.
- Saint Michael's had an andvantage in corner kicks, taking a total of seven while the Hounds took two throughout the 110 minutes.
- The Hounds are back in action on Wednesday as they traval to Le Moyne for a Northeast-10 match starting at 3 p.m.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's soccer team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.