- Score: Assumption 0, Molloy 3
- Records: Assumption (1-7-3, 1-3-3 NE-10); Molloy (6-3)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: The Assumption College men's soccer team fell to Molloy College 3-0 in a grueling non-conference competition on Tuesday night at the Assumption Multi-Sport Stadium. The match marks the first time the two teams have faced each other in the program's history.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds let up the first two goals of the game only five minutes in, including a penalty kick just 44 seconds in. Assumption stepped up its play defensively and did not let up another goal untill the 80th minute of play.
- Sophomore Connor Henry (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin Regional) had a strong performance in the match, contiuing to be a solid defender for the Hounds. Henry was unlucky half way through the first half with two shots in the 18th minute, including one shot was just shy of the crossbar and another that was saved by Molloy's goalkeeper, Stephen Tappeto.
- Captain Zach Scafati (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) also was a huge contributer in Assumption's defence throughout the game. Scafati was unlucky with a shot in the 35th minute when his shot went just wide as he was unable to notch a goal for the Hounds.
- Freshman Stephen Lauria (Dix Hills, N.Y. / Half Hollow Hills West) had a strong chance to score in the 50th minute of the game, but the shot was also saved by Tappeto. This was Lauria's second appearance for the Greyhouds so far this season.
Behind the Numbers
- Today's loss marks the first for the Hounds in the their last four matches, coming into today with not letting up a goal in their last 365 minutes of play.
- Assumption held an advantage in shots by a 17-14 margin, including a substantial 13-7 edge in the second half as the Hounds began to press.
- Freshman Zach Rowell (Haverhill, Mass. / St. John's Prep (Danvers) made his third start between the posts for Assumption in tonight's game, tallying four saves in the 90 minutes.
- The Hounds are back in action on Saturday, Oct. 10th as Assumption hosts Saint Rose in a NE-10 Conference match-up beginning at 2 p.m.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's soccer team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.