- Score: Assumption 0, American International 0 (2OT)
- Records: Assumption (1-6-3, 1-2-3 NE-10); American International (3-3-3, 1-2-3 NE-10)
- Location: Springfield, Mass. (Abdow Field)
- The Lead: The Assumption College men's soccer team tied American International College 0-0 in Tuesday's Northeast-10 match-up in Springfield, Mass. Both teams battled it out for 110 minutes, but neither team was able to notch a goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption had a strong chance to score in the 36th minute of the match when sophomore Connor Henry (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin Regional) took a corner kick for the Hounds and freshman Harrison Eden (Auckland, New Zealand / Worcester Academy) headed the ball towards the goal, but AIC's goal keeper Sebastian Tamayo saved the shot.
- In the second half, junior Ethan Morrow(Huntington Beach, Calif. / Fountain Valley) was unlucky with a shot in the 69th minute of the game when his shot was saved by Tamayo.
- Senior Dana King (Windham, Maine / Windham) tallied all three of his saves in the game during the second overtime securing the 0-0 tie for the Greyhounds.
Behind the Numbers
- Today's shutout marks the third straight for King after his 0-0 shutout against Stonehill on Tuesday.
- Assumption held an advantage in shots outshooting AIC, 15-8. The Hounds also had an advantage in corner kicks, taking five compared to the Yellow Jackets two.
- This is the second straight scoreless tie for Assumption, which has been undefeated in its last three Northeast-10 Conference matchups.
- The Hounds are back in action on Tuesday Oct. 6th as Assumption hosts Molloy College in a non-conference match-up beginning at 7 p.m.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's soccer team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.