- Score: Assumption 0, Stonehill 0
- Records: Assumption (1-6-2, 1-2-2 NE-10); Stonehill (4-4-1, 1-3-1 NE-10)
- Location: Easton, Mass.
- The Lead: The Assumption College men's soccer team tied Stonehill College 0-0 in Tuesday's Northeast-10 match-up in Easton, Mass. Both teams battled it out for 110 minutes, but neither team was able to notch a goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption junior Hector Sola (Guaynabo, P.R. / Colegio San Ignacio) had a note worthy attempt in the 32nd minute of the game when Sola skidded a shot in but Stonehill's goalkeeper, Luke Besse, made a diving save to the right to stop the goal.
- Assumption was unlucky again juts a few minutes later (38th minute) when junior Matt Gilson (Cumberland, R.I. / Mount Saint Charles Academy)took a shot that hit the post.
Behind the Numbers
- Today's shutout marks the second straight for senior Dana King (Windham, Maine / Windham) after his 1-0 shutout against New Haven on Saturday.
- Stonehill held an advantage in shots over Assumption by a 14-11 margin.
- Although the Skyhawks had a slight advantage in shots, both teams were even in corner kicks at seven and each goalie totaled four saves in the 110 minutes of play.
- The Hounds are back in action on Friday as the squad travels to Saint Anselm for a Northeast-10 match-up with a start time of 7 p.m.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's soccer team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.