- Score: Adelphi 3, Assumption 1
- Records: Assumption (0-6-1, 0-2-1 NE-10); Adelphi (3-2-1, 2-1 NE-10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: On a blustery Wednesday night, the Assumption College men's soccer team dropped a 3-1 final to visiting Adelphi University in Northeast-10 Conference action at the Multi-Sport Stadium. The Panthers jumped out to a 3-0 halftime lead as the team held a 10-3 edge in shots over the opening period.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Caelan Hueber staked Adelphi to a 2-0 lead over the game's first 32 minutes, including ripping a shot into the left side of the net with 13:19 on the clock.
- The Panthers made it 3-0 with 9:59 remaining in the half as Shane McLaughlin converted a crossing pass down the end line by Jacob Johansson for the tally.
- Assumption got on the board with 12:25 left as junior Ethan Morrow (Huntington Beach, Calif./Fountain Valley) converted a penalty kick opportunity for the 3-1 final as this marked his first goal of the season. The PK chance was the result of an Adelphi handball in the box.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption senior Dana King (Windham, Maine/Windham) started and made five saves, while Adelphi's Sergio Reyes turned aside two shots. Freshman Zach Rowell (Haverhill, Mass./Saint John's Prep) played the second half with three saves for the Hounds.
- The Hounds are back in action on Saturday evening as New Haven visits the Multi-Sport Stadium for a 7 p.m. start. The game is also the team's Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Game, with all proceeds benefiting the Cystric Fibrosis Foundation.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's soccer team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.