- Score: Assumption 1, Saint Anselm 1 (2OT)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (Melucci Field)
- The Lead: Assumption tied Saint Anselm College 1-1 on Tuesday in Manchester, N.H. in the Northeast-10 Conference opener for both teams. The game was a rematch from the opening game of the 2015 Catholic Cup at Assumption earlier in September.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Saint Anselm's Colin Mahoney scored just under 10 minutes into the game to put the Hawks on the board. Mahoney notched the goal off of a cross from teammate Zachery Heckt.
- Assumption freshman Harrison Eden (Auckland, New Zealand/Worcester Academy) scored halfway into the second half to tie up the game 1-1. Eden collected the ball off of the cross bar, putting it into the right side of the net. The goal was assisted by freshman Tyler Castor (Brookline, Mass./Worcester Academy).
- Both teams had numerous scoring chances in the league opener as the squads played to the double-overtime tie.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS:
- Eden's goal in today's game marks the first in his collegiate career for the Hounds.
- Assumption senior goalie Dana King (Windham, Maine/Windham) and Saint Anselm's Stephen McLeod both tallied eight saves during the 110 minutes of play.
- The shots during the game were close throughout, with the Hawks holding a slight advantage at 18-17 in overall shots.
- The Hounds are back in action on Sunday afternoon as Assumption travels to Bentley for another Northeast-10 Conference matchup at Noon.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's soccer team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.