- Score: No. 15 LIU Post 2, Assumption 1
- Location: Bridgeport, Conn. (UB Men's Soccer Classic - Knights Field)
- The Lead: Assumption dropped a 2-1 final to No. 15 ranked LIU Post on the final day of the UB Soccer Classic at Knights Field. The game is the final non-conference road game of the season for the Hounds.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Zack Scafati (Franklin, Mass./Franklin) put the Hounds up 1-0 at the 19:26 mark for his first goal of the season. Assisting on the goal was sophomore Dillon Foley (Natick, Mass./Natick).
- The Pioneers tied the game with just over 10 minutes left in the first half as Matias Ruiz scored off an assist by Per Forgaard. LIU Post took the lead at the 64:14 mark as Charlie Ledula tallied his first goal of the season as the Pioneers picked up the non-conference victory. The Pioneers were the first nationally-ranked opponent for the Hounds this season.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption freshman goalie Zach Rowell (Haverhill, Mass./St. John's Prep) made six saves in the loss, while LIU keeper Jesper Malstrom had one save to pick up the victory.
- LIU Post outshot the Hounds by a 23-2 margin overall in the game, while also holding a 9-2 edge in corner kicks.
- The Hounds are back in action on Tuesday afternoon as Assumption travels to Saint Anselm College for the team's Northeast-10 Conference Opener at 4 p.m.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's soccer team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.