- Score: Bridgeport 1, Assumption 0
- Location: Bridgeport, Conn. (UB Men's Soccer Classic - Knights Field)
- The Lead: Assumption dropped a 1-0 final to the University of Bridgeport on a rainy Friday night on day one of the UB Soccer Classic at Knights Field. The game was played in torrential rain throughout as the Hounds fell in the non-conference matchup.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Eight minutes into the first half, senior Glenn LiBassi (North Scituate, R.I./La Salle Academy) put a shot on goal that was saved for one of two quality scoring chances in the period. With just seven minutes remaining in the period, junior Matt Gilson (Cumberland, R.I./Mount Saint Charles Academy) nearly scored on a header following a free kick but that chance was also turned aside by the Purple Knights.
- The game headed into the half scoreless until the 78th minute when Jhonah-Geo Felipe took a cross from Lazar Baresic for the eventual game-winning tally.
- Junior Hound Ethan Morrow (Huntington Beach, Calif./Fountain Valley) finished with three shots in the match.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption senior Dana King (Windham, Maine/Windham) and Bridgeport goalie Daniel Coviella each ended the game with four saves apiece.
- Bridgeport held a 6-4 advantage in corners for the game and outshot the Hounds in the first period 6-5.
- For the, the Purple Knights held an overall 11-10 advantage in total shots.
- The Hounds are back in action on Saturday afternoon as Assumption takes on No. 15 ranked LIU Post for a 4 p.m. start on the final day of the UB Men's Soccer Classic.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's soccer team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.