- Score: Saint Michael's 1, Assumption 0
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (2015 Catholic Cup Consolation Game - Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: Assumption dropped a 1-0 final to Saint Michael's College in the consolation game of the 2015 Catholic Cup on Saturday afternoon at the Multi-Sport Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Saint Michael's junior Aaron DaCosta scored 12 minutes into the game for the lone goal of the contest and the game winner. Assumption goalie Zach Rowell (Haverhill Mass./St. John's Prep) came out to play the ball before DaCosta chipped the ball towards the net.
- With a little over two minutes remaining in the first half, senior Glenn LiBassi (North Scituate, R.I./LaSalle Academy) fired a shot off the cross bar for Assumption's best scoring chance of the period. In the second half, junior Ethan Morrow (Huntington Beach, Calif./Fountain Valley) also first a shot that was just wide as the Hounds were pressing to tie the game.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption's Zach Rowell made his first career start today, finishing the game with seven saves.
CONCLUSION OF THE TOURNAMENT:
- The championship game was between Stonehill and Saint Anselm today at Assumption College Multi-Sport Stadium as the Hawks pulled out the 2-1 win. Saint Anselm scored in the 13th minute of the game when Emmett O'Callaghan fired a shot into the upper right corner of the net for the early lead. Stonehill tied up the game when Michael Fraioli scored at the tail end of the first half following a failed defensive clear from Saint Anselm.
The game winner came in the 51st minute as eventual Tournament MVP Zachary Heckt scored the game-winning tally to give the Hawks the Cup for 2015.
- Ethan Morrow - Assumption College
- Nemanja Kaurin - Assumption College
- O.J. Rivas - St. Michael's
- Chris Cervantes - St. Michael's
- Connor O'Brien - Stonehill
- Drew Montano - Stonehill
- Adam Branco - Stonehill
- Dan Kelly - Saint Anselm
- Jack Heintzelman - Saint Anselm
- Zachary Heckt - Saint Anselm
- Jack Lynch - Saint Anselm
Tournament MVP: Zachary Heckt - Saint Anselm
- The Hounds are back in action next at the University of Bridgeport on Thursday, September 10th beginning at 7 p.m.
- For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the men's soccer team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.