- Score: Saint Anselm 12, Assumption 10
- Records: Saint Anselm (6-6, 5-5 NE10), Assumption (8-5, 5-4 NE10)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (Grappone Stadium)
- The Lead: No. 19 Assumption outscored Saint Anselm 5-3 in the final 30 minutes, but couldn't overcome a four-goal halftime deficit, as the Hawks came away with a 12-10 victory on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Dan Farrell (Norwood, Mass. / Norwood) gave Assumption a 1-0 lead at 11:33, before Saint Anselm responded with consecutive goals over the next three minutes to grab a 2-1 lead. Farrell evened the score 2-2, though the Hawks went back in front with 7:13 left in the period. They added two more goals over the last four minutes for a 5-2 lead.
- Owen Peterson III (Westchester, N.Y. / Westlake) scored twice in a 40-second span to pull the Hounds within 5-4 at 10:21, and Travis Reid (Raynham, Mass. / Bridgewater Raynham) tied it up with 9:54 left in the period. Saint Anselm took back the lead 34 seconds later and added three more goals in the last eight minutes of the period to extend its lead to 9-5 at the half.
- Farrell opened the third with a goal and Brett Jennings (Montgomery, N.Y. / Valley Central) followed at 11:37 to cut the deficit to 9-7. The Hawks managed two of the final three goals of the period, including one with 15 seconds left for an 11-8 lead. The Hawks pushed their lead to 12-8 with 11:31 left in regulation. Farrell scored with 6:13 remaining to cut it to three and Jennings was able to cut it to two in the final two minutes but Assumption couldn't get any closer as the team fell 12-10.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Both teams finished with 48 shots in the contest, though Saint Anselm picked up one more ground balls (27-26) and Assumption won 16 of 25 face-offs. The two teams combined for six caused turnovers.
- Farrell led the offense with four goals and one assist while picking up four ground balls. Jennings added two goals, two ground balls and one assist, and Peterson III had three goals and two ground balls. Connor Reid (Raynham, Mass. / Bridgewater Raynham) won 16 of 25 face-offs and picked up five ground balls.
- Senior Colby Hamwey (West Yarmouth, Mass. / Wilbraham & Monson) took the loss in net as he gave up 12 goals while making 13 stops. Nick Richard posted 12 saves while allowing ten goals to earn the victory.
- Assumption concludes its regular season on Wednesday when the team hosts No. 11 Pace at 6 p.m.