- Tournament: NCAA Division II Atlantic/East Regional
- Results: 9/20 | 313 + 309 + 303 = 925
- Date: May 9-11, 2019
- Location: Totteridge, G.C. (Greensburg, Pa.)
- The Lead: Assumption dropped six strokes from its second round total, shooting a 303 on Saturday to move up one more position and tie for ninth overall at the NCAA Division II Atlantic/East Regionals in Greenburg, Pa.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) shot a 2-under 70 on Saturday to round out his impressive week with a 222 overall and tie for sixth overall. His 70 was the second-best score of the day and he finished just two shots out of third place. Bryant shot an opening round 73, followed by a 79 for his 222. His finish is the best ever for an Assumption golfer at the NCAA Regionals.
- Sophomore Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn. / Wethersfield) shot his second 76 of the week, finishing with a 232 (76, 80, 76) to tie for 37th. Freshman Lucas Roop (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) also shot a 76 and concluded the Regionals with a 235, tying for 50th. Junior Zach Magarian (Worcester, Mass. / West Boylston) shot an 81 to finish with a 238 while senior James Elliott (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) posted an 87 for a 260 overall.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption's 303 was ten strokes better than its opening round 313, and finished with a 925 to tie with Dominican. Virginia Union was two shots better in eighth with a 923. Southern New Hampshire won NCAA Regional with an 899, while Bentley was two strokes back with a 901. Wilmington shot a 903 to take third.
- SNHU's Matt Paradis shot a 74 on Saturday to earn medalist honors with a 211 through the three rounds. Owen Elliott from Shepherd was second with a 214 while Ryan Rucinski of Wilmington was third with a 219.
- Assumption's ninth place finish bested the team's previous finish at the NCAA Regionals, when the Hounds took 16th overall.