- Tournament: NCAA Division II Atlantic/East Regional
- Results: T-10/20 | 313 + 309 = 622
- Date: May 9-10, 2019
- Location: Totteridge, G.C. (Greensburg, Pa.)
- The Lead: Assumption dropped four strokes from its performance on Thursday and moved up five positions to tie for tenth overall through the first two rounds of play at the NCAA Division II Atlantic/East Regional on Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Zach Magarian (Worcester, Mass. / West Boylston) shot a 2-under 70 on the day to tie for the best score of any golfer in the field of 107 on Friday. Combined with his opening round 87, he has a 157 overall to tie for 52nd. Classmate Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) backed his 73 on Thursday with a 79 on Friday to move into a tie for 21st with a 152.
Sophomore Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn. / Wethersfield) added four strokes from his opening day total and finished with an 80 for an overall total of 156, tying for 45th. Freshman Lucas Roop (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) shot an 82, which along with his 77 on Thursday pushed his two-day score to 159. Senior James Elliott (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) was 13 shots better on Friday with an 80 for a total of 173.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption's four stroke improvement helped them move up five places from Thursday to tie for 10th overall with Mercyhurst with a total of 622. Dominican is in ninth with a 618. NE10 foe Bentley shot an impressive 294 on Friday to take first place with two-day total of 598. Southern New Hampshire is just one shot back with a 599, while Wilmington (601) and Franklin Pierce (606) round out the top four.
- SNHU's Matt Paradis shot a 70 after an opening 67 to take an eight-shot lead with a 2-under 137. Owen Elliott is in second with a 145 (71, 74), while Dylan Pliss is in third with a 146 (72, 74).
- The Hounds return to the course tomorrow for the final round of the NCAA Division II Regionals