- Tournament: NCAA Division II Atlantic/East Regional
- Results: 15/20 | 313
- Date: May 9, 2019
- Location: Totteridge, G.C. (Greensburg, Pa.)
- The Lead: Despite a weather delay, Assumption still had three golfers shoot a 77 or better to place 15th with a 313 overall following the first day of competition at the NCAA Division II Atlantic/East Regional on Thursday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) is tied for eighth following an opening round 73, while sophomore Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn. / Wethersfield) shot a 76 to tie for 21st overall.
- Freshman Lucas Roop (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) was third among Assumption golfers with a 77 while Zach Magarian (Worcester, Mass. / West Boylston) was ten shots back with an 87. Senior James Elliott (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) rounded out the field with a 93 on the day
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption is in 15th with a 313 following opening day of competition, but just five strokes out of the top ten, as Gannon shot a 308 to take 10th. Wilmington leads by two strokes after the first round with a 296 while Southern New Hampshire and Franklin Pierce are tied for second with a 298. Three teams are tied for fourth with a 304.
- SNHU's Matt Paradis has a four-shot lead following the first day after shooting a 5-under 67. Nathan Patterson of Franklin Pierce and Owen Elliott from Shepherd are tied for second with a 1-under 71. Bryant is just two shots back of second with his 73.
- The Hounds return to the course tomorrow for the second round of the NCAA Division II Regionals