- Tournament: Mike Bello Spring Invitational
- Results: 4th of 12 teams | 306 + 312 = 618
- Date: April 11-12, 2019
- Location: Bellevue Country Club (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- The Lead: Assumption dropped one spot and added six strokes on the second day of competition, with one top-three finish, to place fourth overall in the event with a total of 618 at the Mike Bello Invitational, hosted by Le Moyne.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn. / Wethersfield) finished second overall after holding a share of the lead following the first round. His second round 76, combined with his opening 71 gave him a 147 overall, just one shot out of medalist honors.
- Junior Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) was two shots better on Friday to move into a tie for 16th overall and finish with a total of 154. Freshman Lucas Roop (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) also improved two strokes from Thursday as he shot a 78 to conclude the Invitational with a 158 overall and tie for 31st.
- Senior James Elliott (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) finished with a 160 (78, 82) while junior Zach Magarian (Worcester, Mass. / West Boylston) was one shot back with a 161 (79, 82) to tie for 45th overall. Ryan Fillebrown (Ayer, Mass. / Saint Bernard's) also shot a 161 overall with a 71 on the opening day and a 90 in his second round.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption shot a 312 as a team after a first-day 306 to finish with two-day total of 618. The Hounds were three shots behind Le Moyne (615), who had a 309 on Friday. They did beat Post by two strokes after the Eagles dropped 12 strokes on the second day of competition.
- Laval University was first with a 602 overall (299, 303) while Concordia took second with a 608 (302, 306). Dominican (624), Felician (629) and Saint Rose (631) rounded out the top eight teams.
- The Hounds return to action tomorrow when they host the Assumption Spring Invitational, with the first groups teeing off at 12:30 p.m.