- Tournament: Mike Bello Spring Invitational
- Results: 3rd of 12 teams | 306
- Date: April 11, 2019
- Location: Bellevue Country Club (Syracuse, N.Y.)
- The Lead: Assumption sophomores Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn. / Wethersfield) and Ryan Fillebrown (Ayer, Mass. / Saint Bernard's) are tied atop the leaderboard after the first day of competition as the Hounds are tied for third overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sanzaro and Fillebrown both shot an even-par 71 to tie with Le Moyne's Jonathan Petrin atop the leaderboard. Senior James Elliott (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) and Junior Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) both shot a 78 to tie for 27th overall.
- Junior Zach Magarian (Worcester, Mass. / West Boylston) was one shot back with a 79 while freshman Lucas Roop (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) shot a first-round 80 to tie for 39th. Competing as an individual, freshman Jonathan Farrell (Feeding Hills, Mass. / Agawam) is tied for 49th with an 82.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption shot a 306 as a team to place them in a three-way tie with host Le Moyne and Dominican. The Hounds were one of two schools, along with Concordia, to have its top five golfers all shot an 80 or lower.
- Laval University is in first with a 299 while Concordia is second with a 302. SUNY Delhi (311), Saint Rose (312) and Post (316) round out the top eight.
- The Hounds return to action tomorrow to complete the final 18 holes of the Mike Bello Invitational.