- Tournament: Franklin Pierce Fall Invitational
- Finish: 5th of 11 teams | 305 + 309 = 614
- Date: September 9-10, 2018
- Location: Keene, N.H. (Keene Country Club)
- The Lead: Assumption had three players finish in the top 15 overall, led by a seventh place finish from Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn. / Wethersfield) to lead the Hounds in a fifth place finish at the Franklin Pierce Fall Invitational.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sanzaro led the field after the opening round of golf yesterday with a 2-under 70. He followed it up with a 79 to finish 5-over and place seventh and was just one shot out of tying for fifth. Freshman Lucas Roop (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) was consistent for the Hounds, posting a 152 (75, 77) over the two days to finish tied for 12th overall.
- Junior Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) shot a 79 on the opening day but rebounded with a 74 today for a 153 to tie for 15th. James Elliott (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) was fourth among Assumption golfers with a 160 (81, 79) while Zach Magarian (Worcester, Mass. / West Boylston) rounded out the top five performers with a 169 on an 82 and 87.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption was in third after the opening day of competition but fell to fifth with a 309 in today's action. Southern New Hampshire and Franklin Pierce both shot a 597 overall to tie for the victory. Bentley was third with a 606 while Post took fourth with a 612.
- The Hounds return to the links this coming Monday when they take part in the Penmen Invitational at Hanover Country Club for a two-day event.