- Score: Assumption 59, Stonehill 53
- Records: Assumption (7-20, 3-17 NE10), Stonehill (14-13, 8-12 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption's sole senior, Nick Pasquale (Shrewsbury, Mass. / Worcester Academy) led the Hounds to a victory 59-53 victory over Stonehill on his senior day.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption senior Pasquale got things rolling for the Hounds with an early layup. After trading buckets and more Pasquale scoring, Cal Connelly (Rochester, N.H. / Spaulding / Tilton) hit a three to put it within one at 13:35. Shortly after, Michael Speight (Morningside, Md. / Wise / Canterbury) hit a layup to give Assumption a 13-12 lead.
- After a Stonehill timeout, Stonehill's Brandon Twitty finished the three-point play to tie the game at 17-17. Matthew Kelly (North Potomac, Md. / Quince Orchard) got the lead back with a quick jump shot, but still couldn't stop Stonehill from scoring. Stonehill led at half 33-32.
- Stonehill started the second half with a three to take a 36-32 lead. However, Assumption's sole senior, Pasquale continued dominating the paint and finished with 14 points to give Assumption a 44-40 lead. Connelly hit a layup to give Assumption a 46-42 lead with 10:21 to go. Finally Stonehill ended its four minute scoring draught with a pair of free throws from Owen Chose.
- Speight extends the Hounds lead to nine after a three. However, Stonehill would not go away easily after a deep three cut the Assumption lead to just five with a minute to play. But on senior night, the Hounds pull away with a 59-53 win over Stonehill.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kelly led the Hounds with 16 points, followed by Pasquale with 14 points and six rebounds. Brown contributed nine points and nine rebounds, while Rance had eight points and 10 rebounds. Assumption shot 37.5 percent from the floor, 10 percent on three, and 88.2 percent from the line.
- Owen Chose led Stonehill with 14 points and two rebounds, followed by Will Moreton and Brandon Twitty with 13 each. Moreton also contributed with 10 rebounds. Stonehill shot 30.6 percent from inside the arc, 26.9 percent from deep, and 72.7 percent from the free throw line.
- The Hounds are on the road for their final game of the season on Tuesday, February 26 at Southern N.H. at 7:30pm.