- Score: Franklin Pierce 80, Assumption 62
- Records: Franklin Pierce (13-10, 8-10 NE10), Assumption (7-17, 3-15 NE10)
- Location: Rindge, N.H. (The Fieldhouse)
- The Lead: Assumption kept it close throughout the first half, however, the Hounds went scoreless for six minutes early in the second half as Franklin Pierce took control for good as the Ravens came away with an 80-62 victory on Wednesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption trailed 6-4 through the opening three minutes of action. The team's traded baskets over the next five minutes, before Matthew Kelly (North Potomac, Md. / Quince Orchard) hit a three-pointer and Bryan Boehlert (Gaithersburg, Md. / Magruder) followed with another triple to tie the game at 16 apiece with 11:33 left.
- Franklin Pierce went on a 9-4 run to pull in front by five, however, five straight from the Hounds evened the game at 25-25 with 7:11 remaining. The Ravens countered with nine straight, which pushed their lead to 34-25. Another Assumption run closed the gap to 36-33 with 1:39 left, though Franklin Pierce scored the final four points of the half for a seven-point lead at the break.
- Kelly opened the second half with a three, however, Assumption was held scoreless for the next six minutes as the Ravens scored 24 consecutive points to stretch their lead to 61-36. Joe Sullivan (Utica, N.Y. / Notre Dame HS / Mohawk Valley CC) ended the drought at 12:56. The teams traded baskets until the final four minutes, when the Hounds went on a small run to get as close as 18 points and eventually fell by an 80-62 margin.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption shot 37.7 percent from the contest, including 8 of 26 from downtown, but only made 8 of 16 free throw attempts. Franklin Pierce made 45.7 percent of its shots and went 10 for 27 from beyond the arc while owning a 48-33 rebounding advantage.
- Sullivan led the offense with 16 points, four rebounds and one block, while Boehlert added 16 points, five rebounds and two assists. Kelly was also in double figures with 11 points three assists and two rebounds. Patrick Fleming chipped in eight boards, five assists and three points.
- Doyin Fadojutimi paced Franklin Pierce with 23 points and eight rebounds while Asante Sandiford added 14 points, six rebounds and three assists.
- The Hounds return to action on Saturday when the travel to play at Stonehill, beginning at 3:30 pm.