- Score: Le Moyne 79, Assumption 47
- Records: Le Moyne (16-5, 13-1 NE10), Assumption (6-14, 2-12 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gym)
- The Lead: Assumption trailed by ten points at the half and nine early in the second before Le Moyne went on a run to put the game out of reach and finish with a 79-47 victory on Saturday afternoon in conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption opened the game with a 6-4 lead off a triple from Matthew Kelly (North Potomac, Md. / Quince Orchard) at 16:35 and extended its advantage to 10-7 on a jumper by Patrick Fleming (Dobbs Ferry, N.Y. / Iona Prep) with 14:35 left in the period. With the scored tied at 13 apiece, Le Moyne scored 12 straight to push its lead to 25-13 with 8:35 left.
- Kelly ended the scoring drought with a three to trail by nine. The teams traded baskets over the final eight minutes of the half, as the Hounds were never able to get closer than ten. A three-point play by Joe Sullivan (Utica, N.Y. / Notre Dame HS / Mohawk Valley CC) made it 35-25 after 20 minutes of action.
- Two minutes into the second, Bryan Boehlert (Gaithersburg, Md. / Magruder) was able to cut it a nine-point game, 37-38, on a three-point play. The teams went back-and-forth over the next five minutes, with a Nick Pasquale (Shrewsbury, Mass. / Worcester Academy) layup leaving the Hounds down 47-36 with 13:41 left. Le Moyne answered with a 14-5 run over the next seven minutes to stretch its lead to 20. In the final five minutes the Dolphins slowly extended their advantage, finishing with the 32-point victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption shot 36.2 percent from the floor but were only 3-for-20 from beyond the arc. The team did made 10 of 12 free throws and recorded assists on 14 of their 17 field goals. Le Moyne, meanwhile, shot 66.7 percent overall and hit 47.1 percent from downtown while owning a 30-19 rebounding edge.
- Boehlert led the team with 15 points, two rebounds and one assist while Kelly added 12 points and two assists. Sullivan chipped in seven points, five rebounds and two assists.
- Tyquan Rolon paced Le Moyne with 21 points, seven rebounds and five assists while Isaiah Eisendorft had 16 points, six rebounds, two steals and two blocks.
- The Hounds return to action on Wednesday when they travel to play Merrimack at 7:30 pm.