- Score: Saint Rose 91, Assumption 67
- Records: Saint Rose (15-4, 10-1 NE10), Assumption (6-12, 2-10 NE10)
- Location: Albany, N.Y. (Daniel P. Nolan Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption trailed by 14 points at the half and closed the gap to eight points in the second half, before Saint Rose eventually pulled away for a 91-67 victory on Saturday afternoon in conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Saint Rose scored the first 11 points of the contest, though Branislav Vujadinovic (Belgrade, Serbia / St. Joseph) finally ended the drought at 15:11. Assumption was able to pull within 11 on a Bryan Boehlert (Gaithersburg, Md. / Magruder) triple midway through the period.
- The Hounds eventually cut the deficit to eight points on consecutive threes by Boehlert and Matthew Kelly (North Potomac, Md. / Quince Orchard) to make it 32-24 with 6:07 remaining in the half. Darien Walcott (Bay Shore, N.Y. / Bay Shore) trimmed it to seven less than a minute later. Saint Rose was able to go on an 8-3 run over the final three minutes for a 44-30 lead at the break.
- Assumption started the second on an 8-2 run to pull within eight points, 46-38, at 17:21. The Hounds trailed 54-44 following a Boehlert free throw with 13:05 remaining, however, the Golden Knights went on a 19-7 run over the next five minutes to stretch their lead to 74-51. They pushed their lead as high as 26 points over the last eight minutes before finishing with the 91-67 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption made 47.9 percent of its shots and connected on 9 of 23 its three-point attempts. Saint Rose, meanwhile shot an impressive 61.7 percent from the floor and was 13-for22 from downtown. The Golden Knights also held a 32-21 rebounding edge while turning it over twice.
- Boehlert came off the bench to score a career-high 21 points with three rebounds in 30 minutes, while Patrick Fleming (Dobbs Ferry, N.Y. / Iona Prep) was also in double figures with 11 points, two rebounds and two assists. Joe Sullivan (Utica, N.Y. / Notre Dame HS / Mohawk Valley CC) chipped in nine points, three rebounds and two assists.
- Five players scored in double figures for Saint Rose, led by Jack Jones with 15 points off the bench. Julian Lipinski added 13 points, seven rebounds, three assists and three blocks.
- The Hounds return to action on Tuesday when they travel to play Southern Connecticut St. at 7:30 pm.