- Score: Bentley 82, Assumption 58
- Records: Bentley (4-1, 2-0 NE10), Assumption (0-5, 0-3 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption trailed by just two points at the half, but Bentley shot nearly 60 percent from the floor over the final 20 minutes of action to pull away for an 82-58 victory on Tuesday evening in conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption scored the first two points of the contest and extended its lead to 11-7 on a pair of Joe Sullivan (Utica, N.Y. / Notre Dame HS / Mohawk Valley CC) free throws five minutes into the half. The Hounds led 13-11, before an 8-3 run put Bentley back on top with 9:42 remaining in the period.
- Jordan Shea (Madison, Wisc. / Lodi) tied up the game less than a minute later and the teams traded baskets until another Shea triple pushed Assumption in front 26-24 with 4:42 remaining. Vujadinovic provided a 29-26 edge one minute later but the Falcons tied it up at 30 apiece in the final minute and added two more free throws for a 32-30 edge at the break.
- Bentley opened the second half on a 17-9 run through the first seven minutes of the second half for a 49-39 lead. The Falcons kept up their hot shooting and Assumption wasn't unable to get the lead into single digits over the final ten minutes of action as Bentley came away with the 82-58 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption shot 37.0p percent from the floor and was 8 of 24 from beyond the arc while Bentley made 58 percent of its shots in the second half to finish at 51.7 for the contest. The Falcons also made 10 of 19 threes while outrebounding the Hounds 44-21.
- Shea scored 12 points, all on threes, with four rebounds, while Sullivan added 12 points, six boards and two assists. Branislav Vujadinovic (Belgrade, Serbia / St. Joseph) chipped in 11 points and four boards while Matthew Kelly (North Potomac, Md. / Quince Orchard) posted nine points, three steals and two assists.
- Ryan Richmond paced Bentley with 25 points, six assists and five rebounds, while Zach Gilpin was also in double figures with 17 points.
- Assumption returns to action on Sunday when the team travels to face Molloy at 1 pm.