- Score: Bentley 2, Assumption 1
- Records: Bentley (10-6, 6-5 NE10), Assumption (8-6, 4-5 NE10)
- Location: Waltham, Mass. (Bentley FH Field)
- The Lead: Bentley came out to a quick start with a goal in the first eleven minutes of play that was not answered by the Hounds until seven minutes remaining in the first half, which tied the game at one only until the Falcons scored the lone goal in the second and took the game 2-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Bentley came out very aggressive off the bat with Rachel Crowley scoring the first goal of the game off a pass from Tess Anderson who lined it up perfectly for Crowley to just knock it into the net to take a 1-0 lead just eleven minutes in.
- Assumption was able to answer off a penalty corner where Kolby Burger (Killingworth, Conn./Haddam Killingworth) inserted the ball right to Sam Tepper (Stroudsburg, Pa./Stroudsburg) who rifled a shot in at the net while Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) rushed the pads and collected the rebound. Sickel redirected it to the left of the goalie for a goal and tied the game at one.
- The final goal was not scored until the 44th minute of the game, where Anderson took the ball into the circle and reverse scooped a shot into the upper half of the cage to take the lead 2-1 and ultimately earn the win for the Falcons.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Falcons' Kayleigh Vogel earned the win with five saves while Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./Southwick Tolland) totaled four saves.
- The Hounds outshot the Falcons 11-8 with eight in the first half and only three in the second.
- Assumption also led in penalty corners 6-3 on the game with four in the first and the only two corners of the second half.
- The Hounds are back on their home turf on Wednesday, October 31, against New Haven at 7 p.m.