- Score: Assumption 1, Adelphi 0
- Records: Assumption (7-5, 3-4 NE10), Adelphi (6-5, 5-2 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: After a tied first half, Assumption came out strong in the second half to score in the 41st minute and fended off five Adelphi corners with no time on the clock to take the 1-0 win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The only goal of the game came in the second half off an Assumption corner. Kolby Burger (Killlingworth, Conn./Haddam Killingworth) inserted the ball from the right of the cage to Alexa Mulvihill (Westbrook, Conn./Westbrook), who sent a hard pass to the stroke where Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) was able to get a stick on it and tip the ball toward the post, where Isabel Primack (Ipswich, Mass./Ipswich) anxiously waited and slammed the ball into the back of the cage.
- The Panthers did not give up, and even earned a penalty corner in the final seconds of the game, which led to four more consecutive corners with the time expired on the clock. Assumption goalie, Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./Southwick Tolland) tallied three saves throughout those corners, which sealed the 1-0 win for the Hounds.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Bodzinski earned the shutout win for the Hounds with ten saves to make this her third shutout on the season while Panther goalkeeper, Leah Savage, earned eight saves on the game.
- The Hounds led in shots in the first half (10-9), but Adelphi answered and rallied 17 shots in the second to win the shot total 26-23.
- The Hounds fell short in the penalty corner total (11-7), where the Panthers dominated in the second half 9-5.
- The Hounds are home for their annual Greyhound Game on Tuesday, October 23, against Southern Connecticut State at 4 p.m.