- Score: Merrimack 2, Assumption 1
- Records: Merrimack (11-1, 8-1 NE10), Assumption (6-5, 2-4 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: Assumption took the lead in the first three minutes of the game and held the lead until the 56th minute when Merrimack finally answered. The game went into double overtime, and Assumption fell short to No. 3 Merrimack 2-1 on Wednesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The first goal came minutes into the game after the Hounds earned their first penalty corner. Kolby Burger (Killingworth, Conn./Haddam Killingworth) inserted the corner where it was slipped left to Kileigh Hynes (Auburn, Mass./Auburn) who took a hard shot at the goalie while Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) ran in front and tipped the ball into the net.
- The Warriors would not answer until the 56th minute of the game after they earned a penalty corner. Delaney Yule hit the ball to the left post where Alex Mondini ran onto it and knocked the ball up over the goalkeeper's shoulder to tie the game at one goal apiece.
- The next goal would not come until the second overtime. The Warriors possessed the ball within the Hounds' twenty when Samantha Bartush rifled a shot into the circle and Lindsey Nolte barely got a touch on the ball to ricochet it into the net and win the game 2-1 with six minutes left in the second OT.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Katharina Ohmen of the Warriors earned the win with eleven total saves while Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./Southwick Tolland) tallied 15 and Burger earned a defensive save on the night.
- The Hounds were outshot 21-19 in total and only earned two over the two overtimes.
- The Hounds led in penalty corners with four apiece for each half and only one in overtime while Merrimack only totaled five on the night.
- The Hounds are back home on Saturday, October 20 against Adelphi at 1 p.m.