- Score: Assumption 4, American International 1
- Records: Assumption (6-4, 2-3 NE10), American International (1-9, 1-4 NE10)
- Location: Springfield, Mass. (Abdow Field)
- The Lead: Assumption scored the first goal of the game and American International answered with a goal of their own after the half, but the Hounds changed the momentum and scored the next three goals to win 4-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Jennifer Beardsley (Essex, Mass./Manchester Essex Regional) scored the first goal of the game from a cross pass by Lucy Malia (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough) that Beardsley tipped in between the goalkeeper's legs for her seventh goal of the season.
- The Yellow Jackets answered after the half with a goal from Nichara Condo that was assisted by Jenny Holmquist. The Hounds took back the lead about ten minutes later with a goal by Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) off of a penalty corner that was inserted by Kolby Burger (Killingworth, Conn./Haddam Killingworth) who earned the assist.
- After an American International violation, the Hounds were awarded a penalty stroke that was taken by Malia who effortlessly shot the ball right past the goalkeeper.
- In the final minute of the game, Burchill scored again off a pass by Shannon Quinlan (Buffalo, N.Y./Williamsville North) that put the game away and gave the Hounds the 4-1 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./Southwick Tolland) earned the win for the Hounds with one save on the night while Yellow Jackets' goalkeeper, Madi Dube, recorded eleven saves.
- The Hounds outshot the Yellow Jackets in both the first (8-4) and second (13-4) halves to outshoot American International 21-8 in the game.
- Both the Yellow Jackets and the Hounds earned seven penalty corners on the night with three apiece in the first and four apiece in the second.
- The Hounds are back home on Wednesday, October 17 at 7 p.m. against Merrimack for their blue out game.