- Score: Saint Anselm 2, Assumption 1
- Records: Saint Anselm (3-3, NE10 1-1), Assumption (4-3, NE10 0-2)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (Grappone Stadium)
- The Lead: Assumption fell 2-1 to Saint Anselm on Saturday afternoon as the Hawks scored on a corner in the last minute of the game to escape with a victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption came out strong with a goal in the first six minutes of play by sophomore leading scorer Jennifer Beardsley (Essex, Mass./Manchester Essex Regional), who touched the ball into the back of the cage off a rebound from Saint Anselm's goalkeeper.
- The Hawks scored in the 24th minute on a goal by Emilie Martin from Kendall Clifford to tie the game at 1-1 before the half.
- The second half was back and forth action with Assumption earning three penalty corners. The game-winning goal webt to Saint Anselm off its only penalty corner of the half where Mary Nee assisted Lord who shot the ball to the left corner of the cage to score.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Saint Anselm's goalkeeper Julia Hand recorded the win with four saves while Assumption's Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./Southwick Tolland) recorded five.
- The Hawks led in penalty corners for the game (7-6) despite the Hounds dominating corners in the second half 3-1.
- Saint Anselm also outshot the Hounds 8-6 where both teams had two shots in the second half and Assumption recorded four in the first.
- The Hounds are back on their home turf Saturday, October 6 against Saint Michael's at 2 p.m.