- Score: Assumption 4, New Haven 0
- Records: Assumption (4-1), New Haven (0-3 overall, 0-1 NE10)
- Location: West Haven, Conn. (DellaCamera Stadium)
- The Lead: Assumption had a big second half effort that led the Hounds to the win, scoring all four goals in the final 35 minutes with the goals coming from three different players on Tuesday evening on the road.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The game was tied up until Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) took a hard shot in the 36th minute of play that was deflected into the New Haven net, giving the Hounds the 1-0 lead.
- The Hounds continued the momentum with a goal just ten minutes later by Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree). She got a stick on a ball following a scrum in front of the cage that tapped into the net.
- Jennifer Beardsley (Essex, Mass./Manchester Essex Regional) scored the next two goals for the Hounds off assists from Burchill. Beardsley's first goal was a one-on-one with New Haven's goalkeeper, Natalie Shaker, while the second goal came from a cluster in front of the net that Burchill managed to touch to Beardsley and she put it in the back of the net.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption's senior captain goalkeeper, Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./Southwick Tolland), recorded the shutout win with two saves while New Haven's goalie, Shaker, had thirteen saves.
- The Hounds outshot the Chargers a total of 30-5 with the first half 11-2 and the second half 19-3. Assumption also dominated in penalty corners, 16-2, with nine in the first half and seven in the second half.
- The Hounds are back in action on their home turf Saturday, September 22 against No. 2 Stonehill at 1 p.m. in their first conference game of the season.