- Score: Franklin Pierce 11, Assumption 6
- Records: Assumption (17-21-1, 11-9-1 NE10); Franklin Pierce (23-12-1, 12-6 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Rocheleau Field)
- The Lead: Senior Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass. / Boston College) became the 11th player in program history to record 200 hits in his career, and the first since 2010, when he tallied a base knock in the fourth inning of this afternoon's NE10 Divisional contest, an 11-6 Assumption loss.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman Cole Chudoba (Oxford, Conn. / Oxford) took the mound for the Hounds and pitched 4.1 innings, allowing 10 runs (eight earned) to go with four strikeouts. Junior Colton King (Westerly, R.I. / Moses Brown Prep) came out of the bullpen and tossed 1.2 clean innings, not allowing a baserunner. Freshman Brendan Desautels (Holden, Mass. / Holy Name Central Catholic), sophomore Manny PegueroMelo (Boston, Mass. / Xaverian) and classmate Kyle Autilio (Saugus, Mass. / Saugus) each pitched one inning, combining to allow just one hit, a home run.
- Franklin Pierce took advantage of some defensive miscues in the first inning that led to a pair of runs. They then pieced together a run in both the third and fourth inning to take a 4-0 lead. Assumption pulled one back in the bottom of the fourth when sophomore Derek Adamson (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford) tripled to right field, scoring Jaehnig from first base.
- The Ravens opened the game up in the fifth inning, scoring six runs on seven hits. Down 10-1, the Hounds started to chip away at the lead. Junior Kevin Quinlivan (Shrewsbury, Mass. / St. John's) led off the bottom of the fifth inning with a triple to right field and freshman Dillon Zona (Shrewsbury, Mass. / Shrewsbury) tallied a base knock to bring Quinlivan home. Junior Trevor McQuade (Westwood, Mass. / Xaverian) then launched his second home run of the season to make the score 10-4.
- The Hounds scored two more runs in the sixth to cut the deficit to 10-6, when Quinlivan connected on a two-run home run with senior Jake Byrne (Grafton, Mass. / Saint John's) on base. That's as close as Assumption would get with the score ending 11-6.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Jaehnig recorded his 200th hit of his career and is the first player to accomplish the feat since Derek Migrants in 2010.
- Quinlivan finished 2-for-4 with a triple, home run, two runs and two RBI.
- Zona registered a three hit effort at the plate, going 3-for-4 with a run and RBI, while sophomore Jared Brescia (Brentwood, N.H. / Exeter) finished 2-for-4.