- Score: Bentley 15, Assumption 0
- Records: Assumption (16-20-1, 10-8-1 NE10); Bentley (16-13, 10-4 NE10)
- Location: Waltham, Mass. (DeFelice Field)
- The Lead: The Assumption College baseball team dropped the opening game of its weekend series against Bentley, suffering a 15-0 defeat. The Hounds will look to bounce back tomorrow when the teams square off for a doubleheader starting at 12:00 p.m.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman James McNamara (Westford, Mass. / Westford Academy) earned the start this afternoon and pitched 3.2 innings, surrendering nine runs (three earned) on six hits, three walks and a strikeout. Senior Nick Massarelli (Southwick, Mass. / Southwick) came on in relief and pitched a clean eighth inning, not allowing a hit.
- Bentley's Luke Dawson was superb on the mound for the Falcons, firing a complete game shutout to go with 11 punch-outs. The junior allowed just two hits and a pair of walks all game as he worked around Assumption's lineup.
- Bentley did the vast majority of its damage in the fourth inning, when they put up a ten spot to open up a 13-0 lead. They added two more runs in the seventh to finish the scoring at 15-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS: GAME ONE
- Junior Hunter Tralli (Berlin, Conn. / Northwest Catholic) recorded the lone extra-base hit for Assumption, finishing 1-for-2 with a double.
- Freshman Brendan Desautels (Holden, Mass. / Holy Name Central Catholic) tallied the only other hit in the game for the Hounds, entering the game as a pinch-hitter and going 1-for-1.