- Score: American Int'l 16, Assumption 2
- Records: Assumption (5-11, 0-0 NE10); American Int'l (8-6, 0-0 NE10)
- Location: Northborough, Mass. (New England Baseball Complex)
- The Lead: American International could do no wrong at the plate this evening, as the Yellow Jackets drew 13 walks and tallied 16 hits, defeating Assumption 16-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Mike Keinz (North Branford, Conn. / Notre Dame) and junior Colton King (Westerly, R.I. / Moses Brown Prep) were the lone bright spots for the Hounds on the mound today, as the duo combined for 3.0 shutout innings and seven strikeouts.
- American International wasted little time jumping on the Hounds, as the Yellow Jackets scored seven runs in the first three innings, before plating six more in the fifth.
- Senior Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass. / Boston College) finished 2-for-2 at the plate and freshman Dillon Zona (Shrewsbury, Mass. / Shrewsbury) drove in both of Assumption's runs to highlight the day for the Hounds.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Freshman Cole Chudoba (Oxford, Conn. / Oxford) dropped to 1-2 on the season, as he struggled to locate pitches, departing the game in the second inning.