- Score: Franklin Pierce 18, Assumption 3
- Records: Assumption (8-12); Franklin Pierce (13-7)
- Location: Rindge, N.H. (Pappas Field)
- The Lead: Assumption fell into an early hole as Franklin Pierce scored five first inning runs and the Hounds couldn't climb out of it as they fell to the Ravens by a score of 18-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Franklin Pierce came out of the gate hot, combining for eight runs in the first three innings. Sophomore Trevor McQuade (Westwood, Mass. / Xaverian) got the Hounds on the board in the second inning when he connected on his second homerun of the season, a solo shot.
- Assumption added two more runs in the sixth inning when sophomore Hunter Tralli (Berlin, Conn. / Northwest Catholic) reached on a fielder's choice and McQuade singled to left center field. After sophomore Kevin Quinlivan (Shrewsbury, Mass. / St. John's) drew a one out walk, classmate Alex Richardson (Rehoboth, Mass. / Bishop Feehan) singled through the left side of the infield, plating Tralli from third. Freshman Jared Brescia (Brentwood, N.H. / Exeter) then singled up the middle to score McQuade for their second run of the inning.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Junior Tom Horstkotte (Milford, Mass. / St. John's) took the mound for Assumption and was chased after 1.2 innings after the Ravens tagged him for seven runs. Franklin Pierce was seeing the ball well at the plate today as the relievers also combined to surrender 11 runs.
- McQuade led the Hounds at the plate today as he finished 3-for-4 with a homerun, a double and two runs scored. Brescia also recorded a multi-hit game going 2-for-4 with an RBI, while Richardson went 1-for-3 with an RBI.
- The Hounds return to action on Wednesday, April 5, as they open at home against Merrimack at 3:30 p.m. for a single game.