- Score: Molloy 6, Assumption 0 (Game One), Molloy 2, Assumption 0 (Game Two)
- Records: Assumption (8-9); Molloy (5-13)
- Location: Uniondale, N.Y. (Mitchel Field)
- The Lead: The Assumption College baseball team dropped a pair of games to Molloy today, as the Hounds bats were silenced by the Lions pitching.
HOW IT HAPPENED: GAME ONE
- Junior Kyle Chudoba (Oxford, Conn. / Oxford) got the start in the first game and dropped to 1-2 on the year after pitching 6.1 innings and allowing six run on nine hits, while striking out three batters. Sophomore Mike Keinz (North Branford, Conn. / Notre Dame) came on and tossed 1.2 innings of scoreless relief, surrendering just one hit while punching out a pair.
- Molloy's Bobby Kelly was dominant on the mound, throwing a complete game shutout and striking out 11 batters, while walking zero and surrendering just two hits.
- Both pitchers traded zero's through the first three innings before the Lions got on the board in the fourth, scoring twice before pushing a pair of runs home in the sixth and seventh innings.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore Hunter Tralli (Berlin, Conn. / Northwest Catholic) and classmate Trevor McQuade (Westwood, Mass. / Xaverian) produced the lone hits on the day for the Hounds as they each recorded a single.
HOW IT HAPPENED: GAME TWO
- Junior Tom Horstkotte (Westwood, Mass. / Xaverian) was the hard luck loser in the second game, as the junior recorded a quality start after pitching a complete game while only allowing two runs.
- Once again Molloy got a dominant start from their pitcher, as Dominic Danetti tossed a one-hitter while striking out 8 Hounds.
- Hortskotte went unscathed the whole game besides a hiccup in the third innings when Molloy plated a pair to score the only runs of the contest.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore Kevin Quinlivan (Shrewsbury, Mass. / St. John's) tallied the lone hit in the game for Assumption, singling to right field to open up the first inning.
- Senior Jake Byrne (Grafton, Mass. / Saint John's) reached base in the first innings as he was struck by a pitch and freshman Derek Adamson (Chelmsford, Mass. / Chelmsford) was the only other Hound to get on base as he drew a walk in the sixth inning.
- The Hounds will look to get back on track on Wednesday, as they travel to Easton, Massachusetts to take on Stonehill College at 3:30 p.m.