- Score: Assumption 12, Saint Anselm 3
- Records: Assumption (17-23, 12-14 NE-10, 8-10 NE-10 Div.) Saint Anselm (8-34, 3-22 NE-10, 3-17 NE-10 Div.)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (Sullivan Park)
- The Lead: Led by a career-high five-hit effort from freshman Hunter Tralli (Berlin, Conn./Northwest Catholic) and 17 hits overall, the Assumption College baseball team completed a three-game sweep of Saint Anselm College with a 12-3 win over the Hawks on Sunday afternoon at Sullivan Park.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption took a 3-0 lead in the first behind a two-RBI double down the left field line from senior Tom Paine (Upton, Mass./Nipmuc Regional), followed by an RBI single by senior Colin Clancy (Chelmsford, Mass./Chelmsford) that scored Paine.
- Junior Mike Coggeshall (Shrewsbury, Mass./Shrewsbury) added his ninth homer of the season in the seventh with a two-run shot to center to stretch the lead to 5-0. The Hawks countered with an Aaron Crandall bases-clearing double in the bottom of the frame as he was thrown out trying to stretch the hit into a triple.
- The Hounds added a four-run eighth behind four hits, followed by a three-RBI double to right center in the ninth by Tralli for the 12-3 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Tralli was 5-for-6 with four RBI and three runs scored, while Coggeshall was 2-for-4 with three RBI and three runs scored. Paine was also 2-for-4 with three RBI and Clancy had a pair of hits.
- Matthew Flynn led the Hawk offense with three hits, while Nick Bragole was 2-for-4 as the Hounds outhit Saint Anselm 17-10 in the win.
- Junior Tom Horstkotte (Milford, Mass./Saint John's) picked up the win to improve to 4-4 as he went 7.1 innings, scattering eight hits with three runs allowed and four strikeouts. Tyler Buck dropped to 0-2 on the season, going 6.2 innings with 11 hits, five runs, two walks and four strikeouts.
- Assumption is back in action on Tuesday, May 3rd as the Hounds host Stonehill College for a Senior Day start beginning at 3:30 p.m. at Rocheleau Field.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the baseball team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.