- Score: Stonehill 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Assumption (14-19, 9-10 NE-10, 5-6 NE-10 Div.) Stonehill (19-13, 8-6 NE-10, 5-5 NE-10 Div.)
- Location: Easton, Mass. (Lou Gorman Field)
- The Lead: On Tuesday afternoon in Northeast-10 divisional play, the Assumption College baseball team dropped a 3-0 road final to Stonehill College at Lou Gorman Field in Easton, Mass. The teams are now 1-1 in the three-game divisional series between the two squads.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Stonehill took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the fifth as Alex Hurley came home for an unearned run with two outs. After reaching on a leadoff single to third and moving to second on a throwing error, Hurley eventually came home on a two-out sacrifice fly from Steve Lee.
- In the eighth, the Skyhawks used an RBI double from Ben Monte to score Brian Hocking to make it a 2-0 margin. Monte eventually came home for the game's final run as Hurley drew a bases-loaded walk to chase Assumption starting pitcher Mike Curtis (Wilmington, Mass./Wilmington).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass./Boston College) was 2-for-3 for the Hounds, while Lee and Monte were both 2-for-3 o the day.
- Curtis went 7.2 innings, scattering seven hits with three runs allowed (two earned), three walks and three strikeouts to fall to 4-2. Pat Shore improved to 3-1 as he went six scoreless innings, allowing five hits with two walks and four strikeouts.
- Overall, Stonehill outhit the Hounds by a 7-6 margin as the visitors also committed a pair of errors in the game.
- Assumption is back in action on Saturday, April 23rd as the Hounds host nationally-ranked Franklin Pierce for a doubleheader beginning at Noon at Rocheleau Field.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the baseball team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.