- Score: Embry-Riddle 9, Assumption 1
- Records: Assumption (1-7) Embry-Riddle (14-6)
- Location: Daytona Beach, Fla. (Sliwa Stadium)
- The Lead: On Tuesday afternoon in Daytona Beach, the Assumption College baseball team dropped a 9-1 final to Embry-Riddle University at Silwa Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Eagles got on the board with a single run in the first, followed by two more in the fifth and another in the sixth as Embry-Riddle built to a 4-0 lead. The Hounds got on the board in the top of the seventh as freshman Kevin Quinlivan (Shrewsbury, Mass./Saint John's) launched a leadoff home run to center for his first collegiate home run and the 7-1 margin.
- Embry-Riddle picked up a pair of runs in the bottom of the eighth, en route to the 9-1 final as the Eagles have now won two straight and four out of their last five.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass./Boston College) was 2-for-4 at the plate from his cleanup spot as he leads the offense with a .400 batting average thru eight games.
- The Eagles had five batters with multiple hits, including a 3-for-5 performance by Tobias Moreno as he scored two runs and ended up a home run short of the cycle.
- Sophomore Mike Curtis (Wilmington, Mass./Wilmington) took the loss for the Hounds to drop to 1-1 as he scattered 10 hits over six innings with four runs allowed and two strikeouts. For the Eagles, Dylan Demarest improved to 1-0 as he went six innings with six hits allowed, one run, two walks and five strikeouts.
- The Hounds now shift to Winter Park, Florida for the remainder of their spring trip, with all games hosted by Rollins College. On Wednesday, Assumption takes on Concordia (N.Y.) at 11 a.m., followed by a 6 p.m. meeting with Rollins at Alfond Stadium.
For the latest on Assumption College Athletics, follow the Hounds via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. For more information, contact the Office of Athletic Communications at 508-767-7240.
- Fans can also sign up for email updates and text message alerts for the baseball team and all of the other 23 Assumption varsity sports by clicking here.