- Results: 8/11
- Location: Smithfield, R.I.
- The Lead: The Assumption men's cross country team had a strong showing in a field of primarily Division I program, placing eighth on Saturday in the Nassaney Invitational hosted by Bryant University.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomores Jonathan Wahl (Chepachet, R.I. / Ponaganset) and Shawn Scullion (Candiac, Que. / Heritage Regional) paced the Hounds as they placed 33rd and 34th respectively. Wahl finished the 8K in 26:28.0 while Scullion was behind him in 26:29.8.
- Freshman Nikolas Reygadas (Warwick, R.I. / Toll Gate) was strong in his first race, taking 43rd with a time of 27:01.5 while senior Joe Baron (Cobleskill, N.Y. / Cobleskill-Richmondville) was just two seconds behind him in 45th, finishing in 27:02.0. Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) rounded out the top five in 27:04.0 while Jake Luongo (Stoneham, Mass. / Stoneham) trailed him by four seconds.
- As a team the Hounds had 201 points, a mere three behind Holy Cross who was in 7th with 198. Assumption did edge host Bryant who had 205. NE10 foe Stonehill was fourth with 119 points while Northeastern won the event with 36 total points.
- Assumption returns to action on Sept. 22 when the team takes part in the Ted Owen Invitational in New Britain, Conn.