- Results: 25th of 27
- Location: Boston, Mass. (Franklin Park)
- The Lead: Facing a tough field made up of schools from all three Divisions, the Hounds had one runner finish in the top 100 as they placed 25th out of 27 schools in the men's 8k NEICAAA Championship on Saturday at Franklin Park.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) was the top Assumption runner on the day, placing 97th overall with his time of 27:06.3. Andrew Mongiat (Waterboro, Maine / Massabesic) was second among the Hounds in 27:58.4, while Joe Baron (Cobleskill, N.Y. / Cobleskill-Richmondville) was third in 28:04.1.
- Freshman Michael Spooner (Pepperell, Mass. / North Middlesex Regional) was the fourth runner in 28:16.4 while classmate Ryan Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) rounded out the top five with his time of 29:02.5.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption finished seventh among the Division II schools in the event. Stonehill won the race, accumulating a score of 119 which edged MIT (124) and UMass Amherst (133).
- Assumption returns to action on Sunday, Oct. 22 when the team competes in the NE10 Championship in Westfield, Mass.