- Results/Location: 6th out of 36 teams / Meet was run in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- The Lead: The Assumption College men's cross country team raced to a sixth place finish in the "white division" at the Paul Short Invitational today. The team combined for 233 points which was just 30 points shy of the top three schools.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) continues his breakout freshman campaign for the Hounds, as he registered a fourth place finish at the event, racing to a time of 25:58.
- Sophomore William Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) was the next Hound to finish, as he completed the course in 42nd place with an average mile time of 5:25, good for a 26:52 finish.
- Freshman Michael Spooner (Pepperell, Mass. / North Middlesex Regional) finished in 52nd out of 283 competitors with a time of 27:05, while junior Andrew Mongiat (Waterboro, Maine / Massabesic) placed 65th in 27:18.
- Junior Joe Baron (Cobleskill, N.Y. / Cobleskill-Richmondville), freshman Ryan Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) and Senior Ian Flanagan (North Attleboro, Mass. / North Attleboro) rounded out the pack, placing 70th, 82nd and 83rd, respectively. Baron paced the trio with an average 5:31 mile, as Mardo and Flanagan finished with times of 27:31.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
- Southern Connecticut St. won the division with 134 points, while Swarthmore (150) and Cortland State (203) rounded out the top three.