- Results/Location: 9th out of 40 teams / Meet was run at UMass Dartmouth
- The Lead: The Assumption College men's cross country team finished ninth out of 40 teams today at the UMass Dartmouth Invitational, improving ten spots after placing 19th two years ago at the meet.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Andrew Lamb (Marshfield, Mass. / Marshfield) once again paced the Hounds, placing 19th out of 315 runners, finishing the 8k course with a time of 25:58.9. Sophomore Brendan Carter (North Reading, Mass. / North Reading) was the next to finish, as he placed 56th in 26:53.3.
- Junior Joseph Baron placed 60th on the day, racing to a time of 26:55.4, while freshman Michael Spooner (Pepperell, Mass. / North Middlesex Regional) finished right behind in 62nd (26:56.7).
- Senior Ian Flanagan (North Attleboro, Mass. / North Attleboro), freshman Ryan Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) and junior Andrew Mongiat (Waterboro, Maine / Massabesic) finished right next to each other, placing 75th, 76th and 79th, respectively. Flanagan paced the trio with an average 5:29.3 mile, as Mardo and Mongiat finished with times of 27:18.5 and 27:22.1.
BEHIND THE NUMBERS
- Assumption finished ninth with a score of 253.
- UMass Lowell won the invitational with a score of 82, while Brandeis (85), Salisbury (132), Connecticut College (155) and Adelphi (161) rounded out the top five.